Official Rules and Regulations and Affidavit of Eligibility and Release STAR 93.3 RADIO
6275 Collegevue Place
Cincinnati, OH. 45224
Time: In perpetuity
No Purchase Necessary
Location: The Total Terrestrial Service Area of STAR 93.3 (93.3 FM, WAKW)
- All entrants to contest broadcast and executed by STAR 93.3 both imply and agree to participate in the contest of their own volition, and will follow the rules provided herein by said participation in the contest. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
- Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of being notified by the promotions department that the prize is available for pick up unless otherwise specified at the time of winning. If a winner fails to pick up a dated prize in time to redeem the benefit, the winner forfeits the prize and no other prize will be awarded in its place. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, STAR 93.3 reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. STAR 93.3 retains the right to substitute a prize with another similar prize of equal or greater value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond STAR 93.3‘s control. If prizes are to be mailed, they are to be sent to winners via standard United States Mail service, unless otherwise noted. Inability of winners to accept the prizes will result in forfeiture. Certain prizes may require winner to be 18 years of age or older, or have signed permission of parent or legal guardian to accept the prize.Prizes can be picked up at The STAR 93.3 business office (address above) between the hours of 9AM and 5PM ONLY. The STAR 93.3 business office will be closed on weekends and all major holidays.If you are picking up a prize for yourself, or as a proxy for other winners at The STAR 93.3 business office, you will be limited to picking up for no more than three people total at any given time (per person/group, per household)
- Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be legal residents of the U.S., and reside in the Total Survey Area (TSA) of the radio station awarding the prize. Age may vary specifically to the contest as determined by STAR 93.3. A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must be present to sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, unless prize is mailed to minor, but STAR 93.3 reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest. Only one (1) prize per household from STAR 93.3 within any thirty (30) day period, unless otherwise stated. Employees of STAR 93.3, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household and/or sharing information whether or not related.
- No prize may be used in any way that would have, or could have been expected to have an adverse or negative effect on STAR 93.3.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to STAR 93.3, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide STAR 93.3 with a current valid government issued Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from STAR 93.3 will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. If the prize includes travel, lodging, entertainment, or a special event, winner is responsible for all taxes, expenses, and gratuities not expressly included in and as part of the prize. Winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by STAR 93.3’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, etc. Winner agrees that acceptance of any trip taken as a prize from STAR 93.3 does so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. If the trip requires traveling outside of the United States, the winner, upon winning the prize, must have a current and valid US passport. If the winner does not have a current valid US passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited.
- Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant STAR 93.3 exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that STAR 93.3 may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes. Winner will permit STAR 93.3 to use their name, voice and/or likeness without prior notice or compensation, for promotional purposes in connection with the contest in either broadcast or print forms.
- Prize winners must execute and return the release form, a W-9, a clear and readable photocopy of legal documents showing Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana residence and social security number, and any additionally required forms within 10 days of receiving forms. STAR 93.3 requires the completed documents and current proof of winners’ own personal official identification and valid social security number before prize can be sent to winner. Receipt of prize may be delayed until such proof is received by STAR 93.3. Prizes will be mailed/available for pickup 30 days after they have been awarded, unless otherwise noted. Concert tickets are usually not available until 2 weeks prior to the concert date. Winners will be contacted when concert ticket are available for pick up.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against STAR 93.3, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by STAR 93.3.
- Winner agrees to indemnify and hold forever harmless STAR 93.3, promotion agencies their agents, officers, employees, affiliates and assigns for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, or causes of action arising from or in connection with participation in any contest and/or acceptance of the prize.
- Any ties, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns regarding STAR 93.3 contests and/or their associated prizes will be handled by the individual station’s Marketing and Promotions Departments, whose decisions are final and indisputable.
- If concerts or other ticketed events have been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, canceled, or for other reasons beyond our control does not occur, STAR 93.3 will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
- Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law. Contest/Prizes subject to Federal, State, and local regulations and laws and is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
- Upon winning any prize from STAR 93.3, the contestant, their family members and members of their household (meaning those sharing the winner’s same information- address and/or phone numbers) are no longer eligible to win any prize from STAR 93.3 within a thirty (30) day period following the first win. Upon winning a prize valued at $1,000 or more or winning a trip, the household may not win a second trip or prize within a one (1) year period following the first win.
- Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of STAR 93.3 personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. STAR 93.3 will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and STAR 93.3’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of STAR 93.3, STAR 93.3 reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as STAR 93.3 deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by STAR 93.3 and are final. STAR 93.3 may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED. Winners must use their true, legal name (as it appears on their government issued ID and Social Security Card) when playing contests or claiming prizes and may not win any contest under an assumed name. Winner will be disqualified and prize(s) forfeited if they are found playing under an assumed name or alias.
- Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond STAR 93.3’s control, or otherwise. For all contests STAR 93.3 disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. STAR 93.3 is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are permitted.
- STAR 93.3 retains the right to amend these rules and regulations at any time for any reason.Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign STAR 93.3 release form to claim the prize. STAR 93.3 may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). STAR 93.3 disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of STAR 93.3 during normal business hours or mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to STAR 93.3’s address, listed above. All entries become the property of STAR 93.3 and will not be returned. To be removed from our direct mail, email or fax lists, visit the main office of STAR 93.3 during regular business hours, or send a self addressed stamped envelope with contest name to STAR 93.3, 6275 Collegevue Place, Cincinnati, OH. 45224.